Graduate certificates in agroecology lay a foundation in robust scientific approaches grounded in an ecosystem framework. Three graduate certificates are offered:
Comprises courses from diverse, interdisciplinary backgrounds, emphasizing sustainability; resource management; crop eco-physiology; environmental nutrient and water management. Students will be able to describe and analyze the interactions of production agriculture and the natural environment. Click here for more information on this certificate.
Developed to allow a basic foundation in agroecological principles and a unique 3-6 months hands-on experience at an international Partner Institution blended with online coursework. Click here for more information on this certificate.
Designed to address the unique challenges faced with integrating production, environment, and society in tropical agroecosystems. Click here for more information
Benefits for all three certificates include:
- Transcript and Resume builder
- 100% online (Sustainable Agroecosystems and Global Agreocology only) with flat tuition rate of $542.47 per credit hour*.
- Courses qualify to transfer into M.S. thesis or Ph.D. degrees
*Campus students may apply to this certificate and tuition coincides with residency classification. Although State Employees with tuition waiver benefits are prohibited from applying to graduate certificates, we offer online sections for which you may use your waiver as a non-degree seeking student.
UF Admission requirements include an earned Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution or equivalent in a natural resource discipline and/or at least two biology and two chemistry courses.
The GRE is not required for admission. For questions about admission and prerequisites, email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended one applies at least four months prior to a given term.
Applicants should upload an application packet that includes a resume and unofficial transcript copy:
- Submit application at http://www.admissions.ufl.edu and click on “Apply Now”. Scroll to the Certificate section and choose the appropriate “Apply” depending on whether you are an existing UF student or not.
- Select the certificate of choice: Global Agroecology, Sustainable Agroecosystems or Tropical Agriculture. The UF application fee is $30.
- UF Admissions requires official academic credentials. After applying, order your official bachelor’s transcript and have it sent to UF Admissions.
Special note for the Global Agroecology certificate: when applying, upload a customized resume that includes a statement of the type of research of interest and any applicable conflicts that dictate when the research abroad must be performed.
- Admission is tracked by UF Admissions, Agronomy, the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, and the UF Graduate School.
- Once processed in UF Admissions, the application is referred to the Agronomy Department for review of your academic credentials and resume to verify prerequisites before offering admission. Formal application does not guarantee an offer of admission.
- If applications are submitted by June 1 for Fall term, or September 1 for Spring term, then every effort is made to expedite the application for an admission decision.
Apply today and join others making leaps in professional development:
- Government and State Employees
- Researchers and Scientists
- Students at UF or other Universities
- Individuals who desire a “bridge” to a higher degree